Marriage Licenses and Ceremonies
The following is required by law:
Certified Copies of Marriage Certificates
- $65 in cash or check
- Both parties must be present
- Both parties must provide drivers licenses or some other valid photo identification
- Marriage licenses are valid for 60 days only, day one being the purchase date
- If either party has been divorced, you must purchase a certified copy of the most recent divorce decree by contacting the clerk of court's office in the county in which you were divorced. This certified copy must be kept in our office with your marriage application.
- You must be at least 18 years old to marry without parental consent. If a person is between 16 and 18 years of age, a signed and notarized parental consent form is required. A license cannot be issued to any person below the age of 16.
You may obtain a certified copy of your marriage certificate from the office that issued the marriage license after the ceremony has been performed and the original has been filed. We ask that you mail us a request with your names and date of marriage, all fees must be paid in advance. Certified copies are $5 each.
Weddings are set by appointment only. Renville County Recorder Danielle Petersen may perform wedding ceremonies in or outside of the Courthouse. For information, pricing or to set an appointment, call 701-756-6398.